** page.php **
** content-page.php **

The Company’s Church:

St. Margaret Lothbury


The Company has a long association with St. Margaret Lothbury, and holds a carol service there in December every year.

The current church, replacing one destroyed in the Great Fire, was designed by Sir Christopher Wren and completed in 1692. The tower by Robert Hooke was finished in 1700. The choir screen, one of only two in a Wren church, was erected originally in the Church of All Hallows the Great, Thames St. in 1683-84 and moved to St Margaret’s in 1894 when that church was demolished.

One of the church’s windows displays the Company’s coat of arms, dedicated by the Bishop of London in 1969.

The Company’s window in St Margaret Lothbury